Sheffield Carers Centre is a local independent charity founded in 1993 and affiliated to Carers Trust.
Sheffield Carers Centre is the major independent charity offering support to Sheffield carers. It does this by providing high quality information, advice, advocacy and support. It seeks to reach out to all carers and to ensure that their needs are met.
Sheffield Carers Centre’s vision is of a city where all carers are recognised, valued and effectively supported to enable them to continue caring in the way they choose and to have a life of their own; a city where carers’ contribution is respected and acknowledged.
Values: In everything we do, we aim to be:
- accessible and responsive to diversity
The Carers Centre offers a range of support and information services to all unpaid adult carers in the Sheffield looking after a family member or friend who is frail, or has a disability, illness, or mental health problem.
Current Services include:
- Carers Advice Line: for specialist advice and information on 0114 272 8362
- Carer Card: for a range of discounts and offers from local and national businesses
- Carers Café: currently meeting via Zoom at 10am and 2pm on alternate Fridays
- Carer’s Needs Assessments: looks at how your caring role impacts your life and the support you might need
- Carers News!: a monthly Enewsletter providing unpaid carers with up-to-date information on key topics
- Carers Support Groups: Zoom meetings that help carers share experiences and keep in touch with others
- Community Connect: provides practical information and support for carers from our team of volunteers
- Plan for Emergencies: our Carer Card and Carer Advisors can help plan for if, or when, you are unable to care
- Time for a break: helps carers get a break from caring to find some quality time