Date added: September 24, 2015
The Sharing Caring Project at Sheffield Mencap (275 8879) run Information Sessions throughout the year. These are open to all carers but may be of most interest to carers of people with learning disabilities/autism. The following sessions are planned to run between September and December 2015 but dates are yet to be confirmed.
For more details if you would like to come or clarification on whether you would find it useful, contact Sharing Caring on the above number or email email@example.com:
- Managing money & forward planning – Advice and support to manage other people’s money and planning for the future (in partnership with DOSH)
- Wills and Trust – focuses on the things families may need to know if they, or other relatives, are thinking of leaving any money or property to someone with a learning disability and/or autism.
- Mental Capacity and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards – understanding the framework that empowers and protects people who may lack the capacity to make some decisions for themselves.
- Health Event – focusing on health, support for people with learning disabilities and autism available across the city in a variety of settings.
- Preparing for Emergencies – practical steps carers can take to prepare for range of emergency situations that could arise.