Sheffield Carers Centre has been in existence since late 1993 and so has more than twenty years experience of providing services for carers in the city.
The Centre is an independent charity managed by a board of trustees who include people with appropriate experience of health and social care, the University and legal profession. There are also a number of carers who bring their experience of looking after a close relative, sometimes over many years. All the trustees are committed to providing the best service possible to all carers in the city.
Sheffield Carers Centre is part of the Carers Trust network of such Centres across the country.
Anyone who shares the objectives of the Carers Centre is entitled to become a full member and become entitled to a vote at our Annual General Meeting. If you are interested in becoming a member, you can download more information and an application form here.
The Centre produces an annual report which tells you about our achievements over the past year.
Spa 1877 voucher offer
The Carers Centre administers a scheme whereby carers can get a voucher for a free session at the Spa 1877 on Glossop Road. Any carer in Sheffield can request a voucher (one per carer only) by ringing the Centre on 0114 278 8942.
Carers in Sheffield
The Carers Centre is the lead provider of the Carers in Sheffield service for adult carers of adults in the city. As such, the Centre provides:
- Maintaining the Sheffield Carers Register and mailing list
- Producing the Carers in Sheffield Welcome Pack and regular Newsletter
- Running the central support and information service for carers
- Maintaining this Carers in Sheffield website
- Running a number of carer support groups
- Administering the Time for Me carers break fund
- Servicing the Carers and Young Carers Partnership Board and representing the needs of carers on it