Sheffield Carers Centre in a local independent charity, founded in 1993, affiliated to Carers Trust.
The Carers Centre offers a range of support and information services to all carers in the city looking after a relative or friend who is unable to manage alone due to disability, severe illness or frailty.
- Maintaining the Sheffield Carers Register and mailing list
- Publishing a regular, free, newsletter which is available by email or by post
- Running a Carers Advisory service – a free and confidential helpline offering advice and information on all aspect of caring
- A weekly drop-in service
- Advice and information by email
- Specialist advice sessions on legal matters and on welfare benefits
- Support with gaining or maintaining employment
- Specialist support for young adult carers (aged 18-25)
- Servicing the Carers and Young Carers Partnership Board and representing the needs of carers on it
From 1 January 2017, the Carers Centre has entered into a new contract with Sheffield City Council to deliver services to carers. Consequently, this website is being updated to reflect the new service. Please check back regularly for the latest information.