Sheffield Carers Centre in a local independent charity, founded in 1993, affiliated to Carers Trust.
Sheffield Carers Centre is the major independent charity offering support to Sheffield carers. It does this by providing high quality information, advice, advocacy and support. It seeks to reach out to all carers and to ensure that their needs are met.
Sheffield Carers Centre’s vision is of a city where all carers are recognised, valued and effectively supported to enable them to continue caring in the way they choose and to have a life of their own; a city where carers’ contribution is respected and acknowledged.
In everything we do, we aim to be:
- accessible and responsive to diversity
The Carers Centre offers a range of support and information services to all unpaid adult carers in the Sheffield looking after a family member or friend who is frail, or has a disability, illness, or mental health problem.
- Carers Advice Line – call to get specialist advice and information – 0114 272 8362
- Drop-in Sessions – you can drop in to the centre on Wednesday mornings to chat to an advisor
- Specialist Advice – find out about employment rights, benefits and wills, power of attorney, trusts, and community care for free
- Information Library – information about caring and your role, available on our website
- Carer’s Needs Assessments – looks at how your caring role impacts your life, and what support you might need
- Personalised support based on your needs including:
- Time for a Break service
- One-to-one counselling
- Support Packages
- In Safe Hands – plan for emergencies or make a contingency for when you are unable to care
- Facebook – you can join the discussion online with our private Facebook groups.
- Carers Cafés – meet other carers once a month for tea and cake (details on our website)
- Newsletter – every few months we send out our newsletter full of news and information
- Carers Groups – meetings in your community with other carers.